Collection setup similar to digiKam.

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Thu Jan 21 08:41:08 CET 2010

> In what way do you mean "network shares"?  I'm currently mounting (via
> nfs / or samba) my entire music collection from a remote computer, and
> I didn't think I was having any troubles!

Yes, but when they are mounted, they appear to Amarok just like any
normal (local) filesystem. This works.

But there is no need to distinguish between those, as mounted
filesystems can be be just about anything (you can even mount GMail
via FUSE, these days).

> Unless, you are mean to say that taglibs doesn't work with access to
> files via the smb:// or nfs:// url's?

Correct, yes.

PS: Please CC the mailing list too, not just myself.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer