Decision needed for "Move to Trash"

Jakob Kummerow jakob.kummerow at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 20 18:33:56 CET 2010

I'd like to chime in with my two cents:

I'm in favor of a "Move to trash" option in the playlist entries'
context menu, for three reasons:

(1) The decision to delete a track, at least in my case, is most often
made while or immediately after listening to it. The playlist,
therefore, is the obvious place where to look for the track in
question. So no matter whether deleting tracks is a playlist-related
action or not -- the playlist is the *convenient* place to offer that
functionality.

(2) My take on the "consistency" issue is that no matter where I find
a track that I can right-click on, be it in the playlist, the
collection browser, the file browser or elesewhere, I expect the same
set of actions to be available in the context menu (as far as they
make sense -- "append to playlist" obviously doesn't make sense for
something that already is in the playlist). Everything else is
confusing, IMHO.

(3) (According to Myriam's and Lydia's experience) users want it -
let's give it to them! :-)

Cheers,
Jakob