Decision needed for "Move to Trash"

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Wed Jan 20 08:39:27 CET 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 8:24 AM, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 05:28, Casey Link <unnamedrambler at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The solution is to do as Bart and Nikolaj have suggested: Add a "Show
>> in Collection/File Browser" action to the playlist context menu.
>> Initiating this action will show the selected track in the file or
>> collection browser, where *ALL* the collection/file management actions
>> can be accessed not just Trash.
>
> That solution is all nice and dandy and might satisfy a lot of people.
> The problem with it: It's not there!

I tend to agree with Lydia here. There have been made some proposals
(jumping to Collection Browser, File Browser, and whatnot), but all
that is Vaporware (and I have my doubts if such "Jump from A to B"
schemes really work well). And for those who like to praise the File
Browser, they quickly forget that this browser is still missing some
important features (PUD support, AppendAndPlay support), which is
problematic in itself, as noone wants to work on that.

I'm currently counting 5 entries in the Playlist menu, after Louis had
done the menu cleanup for 2.2.2 (he moved the Cover Image actions into
an "Album" sub-menu). So I don't see any usability issues with
overcrowding either.

What I have issues with is that our menus are starting to become very
inconsistent. E.g., Louis cleaned up the Cover Image actions in the
Playlist context menu, but in the Collection it's still like it was
before. IMHO we should make all of these consistent, and also use the
same order for all entries.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer