Congratulations for 2.2.2!

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Mon Jan 18 22:37:51 CET 2010

I just updated to Amarok 2.2.2. and I am impressed! So many little changes
that together really enhance the user's experience!
My personal top 5:
1. Applets finally have the correct text and background colors on dark themes
(I love it because I can now actually read the text)
2. The playlist layout switcher and play modes have swapped places (now the
more frequently used action is a button and the less frequently used one is a
menu item, just like it's supposed to be)
3. I can now append to a long playlist using drag & drop (I like that because
I suggested it *and* because I so often tried to do just that in vain before)
4. Finally only one plus-icon in the applet configuration (looks so much
cleaner now)
5. Icons in the applet configuration (they're look so much nicer than plain
text!)

It is so much fun to be part of the team as a usability professional and
actually see my suggestions implemented. It shows that you guys are not
stubborn like many people think!
If there is anything you'd like me to look at, just drop me a line and I'll do
so as soon as I can.

Looking forward to contributing many more ideas in the future,
Thomas