skip icons

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Wed Feb 24 17:17:08 CET 2010

the vertical bar of the skip icon clashing the round outer icons
(playpause/volume) is a visual error. (period. it might be considerd required,
but visually it's plain wrong. dont argue ;-P )

attached are shots of two different skip icons, one removing the bar entirely
(thus lowering the "skip" factor) and one with a "broken"/"bended" bar
(actually it's just a slimmer version of the angle part)

my personal impression is that the bar-less arrows could trigger a false
impression ("non destructive" like tabbars, treeviews or popup menus) and
actually don't shout "skip" at all.
the  other icon (which looks a bit like bending space) could be seen as too
exotic.
none of them looks as cumbersome as the bar+angle we've at the moment.

as the intention is to get a connection between the labels and skipping, i'd
pick the variant with the bended bar, but maybe so. has objections or a better
idea.

Cheers.

PS: the gradient is not related to amarok, my entire desktop looks like this
atm.