And here it cometh: Amarok Clone No. 6

Mathias Panzenböck grosser.meister.morti at gmx.net
Wed Feb 24 16:52:53 CET 2010

On 02/24/2010 04:38 PM, Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 4:31 PM, Mathias Panzenböck
> <grosser.meister.morti at gmx.net>  wrote:
>> In short: Users don't forgive regressions. Ever.
>
> Actually they do. It just takes a while :)

If after that while the regressions are fixed (or other new features outweigh them), then yes. ;)

> (That said, I don't forgive grumpy users, ever. Or maybe, after a while)

Yes, grumpy non-paying users are bad. They think you have to do everything exactly like they want
even though they don't pay you anything. You should just ignore them, so that the grateful users
aren't missed by your attention. The impact of a positive event of the same level as a negative
event is perceived by the brain as a much much smaller thing. (There is an interesting Google Talk
about this.)

	-panzi