And here it cometh: Amarok Clone No. 6

Martin Sandsmark sandsmark at samfundet.no
Tue Feb 23 17:44:04 CET 2010

On Tuesday 23. February 2010 16.58.06 Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> "The player is still in very much early stages, and the pending features
> include
> *Automatic addition of files from disk to music library"
> Whoops, no collection scanner (yet).
> What's interesting is that if there's no collection scanner there's
> probably no sqlcollection, which means it's really just a radio-stream
> and drag-to-the-playlist player right now (oh, you can't save or load
> playlists, either). In other words, similar interface, 10% of the
> functionality.

I installed it (yay, `packer -S clementine`), and it does have a collection.
What I guess they mean is detection of changes in the collection.

It's pretty simplistic, though, missing some of the most-cited features
missing from 1.4→2.0 (like the song info/lyrics/wikipedia tabs and no
analyzers on other platforms that Linux, because they use Xine directly on
Linux, while relying on Phonon on other platforms).

--
Martin T. Sandsmark