Amarok Insider -- let's write one!

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Tue Feb 23 08:50:07 CET 2010

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 12:17 PM, Valorie Zimmerman
<valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
> The holidays killed my forward momentum on the Handbook, but in the
> meantime, how about writing and publishing a new Amarok Insider? I
> have the beginnings of some ideas at
> https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0ATnjdQG6VS_4ZGZ0cnE2dHdfMzJkeGY1Y3Bkdw&hl=en
>
> I'm CCing the developers because I would like your ideas about any
> articles or subjects we should include. Also, I think it would be fun
> to have a developer interview each issue. I can't promise an issue a
> month; once a quarter seems more realistic. That would be about every
> other release.
>
> If you are in that doc editing and see a mistake in my writing, please
> feel free to correct, clarify, or add. Ping me if you have any
> difficulties accessing the doc.
>
> It would be nice to get this out soon after 2.3 release.

As I had discussed with Valorie, I think it could be even better to
release the new "Amarok Insider" newsletter shortly before our Amarok
2.3 release, as this could be nice promotion, and it could help our
users understand the new release better (there are many changes). And
I think that might even be doable, as we made a lot of progress with
the document. It's already about 70% finished or so :)

What's missing:

Some really nice screenshots of the latest Amarok (2.3-Beta, or from
Git). Here our users could help us a lot. Any takes for creating some
pretty screenshots? :)

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer, Software Engineer at Collabora Ltd