Label buttons - one more time

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Thu Feb 18 15:21:46 CET 2010

Forgot list...

Am Thursday 18 February 2010 schrieben Sie:
> How about the context applets, that show different content when in a
> "stopped" state to when in a playing/paused state? The albums applet,
> for instance, shows recently added albums. That's nice to see
> sometimes. There's no way to get there really without stop-after-track
> and waiting for the track to end.
Erhemmm.. are you somehow trying to justify the stop button by this applet
showing "secondary" content for the main(?) content is conditionally not
available?
... ;-)

The user should be in control on when s/he can see the "recently
added albums" to e.g. append them to the playlist - no matter whether
currently playing or not. yesno?

I.e. "recently added albums" should probably be an extra applet.

> While we could make the applets switch on pause, I think that's a bad
> idea.
Yupp.

> Amarok quits when you close the window if you don't have the tray icon
> enabled.
Sorry, forgot.
Luckily Dan pointed it anyway :)
(the entire resume thing however seems to be broken atm. paused or playing,
amarok jumps to the beginng of the track and starts playing...)

> I quit amarok sometimes in the middle of a song (hey, i'm a
> developer). I like to restart it and have it play where it left off.
No. Way. Restart has to wait. Period.
:D

> So you disagree with the feature.
Nope, just wondered about the usecase and thought it actually should depend on
some ruleset (like the audiobook genre)

Thomas

...I however disagree on jumping around in music :-P