dark kde/plasma theme and the context view

Mathias Panzenböck grosser.meister.morti at gmx.net
Mon Feb 15 22:30:59 CET 2010

On 02/15/2010 04:20 AM, Leo Franchi wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 10:14 PM, Mathias Panzenböck
> <grosser.meister.morti at gmx.net>  wrote:
>> Currently some text in the contextview is barely readable when you use a dark
>> kde theme and a fitting plasma theme. See:
>> https://web.student.tuwien.ac.at/~e0427417/images/amarok-dark-theme.png
>>
>> I think the bluish background of the contextview should be somehow derived from
>> the kde/plasma theme so that the text always stays readable. Is it maybe
>> possible to just load the global plasma theme? I'm still somewhat new to this
>> (the only code I touch in amarok is the podcast support).
>
> The plasma theme shouldn't have any effect on the CV---the colors are
> all based on the KDE "highlight color" (which is light blue in
> oxygen).
>
> If there is any text that is based on the plasma theme that should be
> modified to use the KDE system color settings instead---can you
> clarify a little bit?
>
> leo

Yes, currently the gobal plasma theme has no effect onto amaroks plasma theme.
Independent of that, in a dark kde theme the text is bright. But the the bluish
background color of the context view seems not to be based on anything from the
kde theme. It seems always to be the same (semi transparent) blue. But the text
that gets rendered on top of this DOES get the text color from kde and therefore
it doesn't have good contrast when a dark kde theme is used. See the screenshot.
I use the "Obsidian Coast" color scheme.

	-panzi