About the toolbar discussion

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Fri Feb 12 16:09:11 CET 2010

On 02/12/2010 09:06 AM, Dan Meltzer wrote:
> 3)  The comprimise seems to be to come up with a way to make the
> labels look more like interactive elements.  The easiest way to do
> this is probably via buttons.  I think the best example  we've seen of
> this is the mockup Lee gave back towards the end of January.  I don't
> think that that mockup was perfect, but I do feel that it is going in
> the right direction.  Can we sort of work along that idea and see what
> we can come up with?  Buttons are a standardly acceptable method of
> interacting with a software interface, hyperlinks (with the exception
> of browsers) are not.

Any thoughts about a "hidden" button that changes color when they mouse
over? i.e. when they mouse over the text a blue "button" fades in from
the grey.

Not as obvious or discoverable, but once they mouse over once (which is
quite likely to happen just from moving the mouse around Amarok), it's
pretty apparent that it's something that can be interacted with.

--Jeff