New toolbar navigation

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Thu Feb 11 23:44:48 CET 2010

Am Thursday 11 February 2010 schrieb Lukas:
> > What's your concern about the current solution with the pulsing text?
>
> It's not very comfortable, as you have to wait for data.
> A: What was that precious song?
> B: Ahm wait, wait, Jean Cloud... , o Mised it wait more, Jean Cloude
> Ades feat.Vincent Thomas.....
hehe.. originally you could wheel on the label to switch to a fixed content
index - now you need to "ctrl + wheel" ... what's currently lost due to the
volume wheel tooltip fixaround. (i'm gonna fix that)
so conclusion: we need to provide better control about the content display
time

> Also in pulsing text its hard to tell if it is artist or title or
> album, especially true for rarely listened/new tracks.
And in _your_ mock it's easy to tell because _you_ know where you put which
label ;-)
You'd need to prepend "Artist:" etc. in either way, but frankly - if you don't
know at all (???), what's the information gonna get you? You'll google anyway
;-P

> The meta row can even be non clickable at all.
I did not mean "click teh meta row" but the prev/next entry. This is gonna
cause the track change (and thus must hide the metalabel - what would be the
behavioural problem as the main visual action does not reflect the main
function/action)

Thomas