Playlist Navigation (was: Queue Manager)

Marius furt at gmx.de
Wed Feb 10 21:11:47 CET 2010

on Tuesday 09 February 2010 16:24 Thomas Lübking wrote:
> I'm entirely innocent on this and have no real idea on the topic or the
> discussion, so maybe throw fishes - but don't throw too hard:
>
> This sounds like a request to have several playlist and the ability to
>  switch the "active" one, i.e. some sort of "playlist tabbing"

Well, sort of. But a similar effect could be provided by a dynamic playlist
feeded by static playlists (via some kind of "proportional bias"). That also
gives more flexibility, because by combining several proportional biases one
could even feed the playlist from several static playlists. That also would
not add much complexity, because the concept of dynamic playlists and bias is
already established (both in the implementation and for the user). An
additional browser for static playlists should imho also do no harm.

Also please note, that this is not only a request, but at the same time an
offer to implement it.

Cheers,
Marius