New toolbar navigation

Casey Link unnamedrambler at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 19:12:53 CET 2010

> By "simple" i meant "actions with a buttons attached to it" - so i won't
> (regularly) get a QTextEdit ;-)
ah, indeed. then they are simple buttons :D

> My worries go to the globalCurrentTrackActions.
> The only added action seems to be Last.FM's "love", what does not even sound
> "global" to me.
It is global, because you can "Love" any track. It is not restricted
to Last.fm only tracks.

> In particular i'd like to put a special treatment on the bookmark action as
While I don't disagree with your assessment that the bookmark icon
might deserve a special case, I am against the idea of special cases..
merely because once we allow special cases, next thing you know every
ones going to want to special case their globalcurrentrack action. Ok,
well, maybe not. But still, special casing actions will lead to a
cluttered UI.
But yes, I think putting the bookmark icon next to the slider makes sense.

What if there was some other way to provide the bookmark option? Like
interacting with the toolbar directly, maybe some sort of hover effect
on the toolbar. Would be better than the button.  When I created the
bookmark feature, a global action button was the first thing that
sprung to mind, but I bet there is a better more cooler way.

Casey