New toolbar navigation

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Mon Feb 8 01:18:09 CET 2010

On Monday 08 February 2010 00:09:40 Thomas Lübking wrote:
> Am Monday 08 February 2010 schrieb Seb Ruiz:
> > I think that dials are one of the worst QWidgets around. They're just
> > all around hard to use.
>
> Not to me at all - you pick the slider and perform a slight circle with the
> mouse...
> (well, we had a phone like this when i was a kid ;-)

Well, yes, but I doubted you controlled your phone with your mouse.  And I bet
the dial was about 7cm across (ours was).  And it was tactile.  There are many
reasons dials work in the real world but don't on a computer screen.

I actually like the dial as a visual item, just not to interact with.  One
possibility would be to make it drop down a slider when you click on it.

Alex

--
Why have I got six monitors?  Because I haven't got room for eight.
  -- Terry Pratchett