Warning dialog for slow scripts?

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sun Feb 7 10:48:58 CET 2010

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 8:47 AM, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
> My plan for now:
>
> I will add a mock class of this dialog to Amarok today, which contains
> the strings we need. This way we will gain more time, and we can at
> least ignore the string freeze, which is very soon. Then we can still
> see what to do.

Done, and pushed to mainline.

Some more brainstorming on the technical implementation: Instead of
starting each script in its own thread (which wouldn't work, because
you can't do GUI things in other threads), we could start one
"Watcher" thread that somehow looks over the state of all scripts.

Does that sound feasible?

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer