Warning dialog for slow scripts?

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sun Feb 7 08:47:07 CET 2010

> Dear markey,
>
> I don't yet have a clear idea of how to do it. I guess we need to make
> the scripts threads seperated from the main thread. And thus we can
> ping the script threads, say, every 5 seconds.
>
> I am now starting my own business. I am working 12 hours a day, and
> 7days a week. I cannot promise I can implement the feature on time. I
> will try me best anyway.

Thanks Peter,

but you don't have to implement this, if you are so busy. I can
understand this very well :)

We will try to do it (we have enough developers currently), so don't
worry about it. Thanks for your suggestion with the threads.

My plan for now:

I will add a mock class of this dialog to Amarok today, which contains
the strings we need. This way we will gain more time, and we can at
least ignore the string freeze, which is very soon. Then we can still
see what to do.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer