The unit tests architecture

Maximilian Kossick maximilian.kossick at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 1 18:39:14 CET 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 6:26 PM, Dan Meltzer
<parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 9:30 PM, Nathan Sala <sala.nathan at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> 2010/1/31 Ian Monroe <ian.monroe at gmail.com>

>>> What do you mean?
>>>
>>> The unit test code is currently quite broken, it doesn't even compile
>>> under linux. :/ But I'm not sure it needs a 'refactor'... it just
>>> needs to be fixed and have tests added to it.
>>
>> What do you mean "broken"? I can compile and run unit tests under Linux.
>
> Are you speaking here of make test or of amarok --test ?  We have two
> completely different systems for no good reason, and I have a feeling
> it's causing confusion here.

True, there are two different kind of unit test systems. I'm talking
about make test. There is a reason that there are two different
systems though. It's that Amarok is currently one big mess of code
that is not testable in isolation. So Sven went ahead and added tests
into amarok itself to get some tests working.