Moodbar generation script in standard distribution

Nikhil Marathe nsm.nikhil at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 10:39:22 CET 2010

Hi,

The GCI task has led to a pretty nice script which can generate mood
files for tracks in the playlist.
http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=135625

I think that with this we can remove the need for manual generation
using a script which may deter
non-technical users. It has a few rough edges, especially with
launching too many processes at the same
time.

Now the student has agreed to work on this later, but I am thinking
about putting improving this script as a new task (Nightrose, is this
ok?)

So can this be a part of the next release as one of the bundled scripts?
Entire collection moodbar generation would require the inclusion of
Applet APIs to access the Collection. But somehow I like this lazy
approach,
unless people play tracks without adding them to the playlist and show
the moodbar only in the progress slider.

Any suggestions for improvement would be great.

Nikhil