release plan

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Sat Aug 28 14:50:05 CEST 2010

On 08/28/2010 03:28 AM, Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 08:53, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 10:00 PM, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
>>> Heya folks :)
>>>
>>> Since I didn't get any input from anyone but Jeff, here's the plan:
>>> 10.8. feature freeze, string freeze
>>> 15.8. taggin beta
>>> 17.8. release beta
>>> 31.8. taggin final
>>> 04.9. release final
>>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> I'd like to request that we postpone the 2.3.2 release for one week.
>> That's because we are currently still having a high number of serious
>> bugs (especially crashes), and some show-stopper layout problems in
>> the Context View that we are still trying to resolve. Plasma from KDE
>> 4.5.0 is giving us a bit of a headache, as it introduced a number of
>> changes and regressions that affect Amarok. We need some time for
>> researching this further.
>>
>> Here's a list of currently known crashers:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/amarokcrashes
>
> Sounds sensible to me. Unless there are objections consider it
> postponed by a week.

The other benefit to this is that IIRC from IRC, some of these issues
are fixed in 4.5.1, which is now tagged and will be released in the next
few days. So delaying will give some time for packagers to get the 4.5.1
update out to users.

--Jeff