Suggestion: UI keyword in subjects.

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Fri Aug 6 21:55:25 CEST 2010

On 8/5/2010 5:24 PM, Lukas wrote:
>> You definitely have a point here. Does anyone know how the current youtube
>> player's volume control handles direct input devices?
> If you are talking about smart phones it either has buttons dedicated to
> volume control, either allways displays plaback controls (so also a
> similar approach to Amartok's alternate toolbar - display slider
> onClick) (I personally don't know any phone model using native youtube
> player - almost all uses internal players over .mp4 stream
>
>     But depending on the screen size, many (including amarok) would
>     require a
>     major UI overhaul (think of amarok's defaul layout on sth. about the
>     size of
>     an iPhone...)
>
> I was more thinking about ipads and tablets. More and more company's are
> getting into 7"+ tablets market at a price tag comparable to average
> mobile phone. Especially when Amarok is going to have one of the most
> broad support for various music sources.

OK, I must admit that I haven't totally figured out where this all ends
up in regards to the volume control. But, can someone explain what the
plan is?

Some things I know for sure:

1) Radially clicking to change the volume needs to go.
2) Radially dragging to change the volume needs to go.
3) It needs to be very obvious exactly how to change it, which needs to
either be clicking or vertical/horizontal dragging.
4) The volume percentage should always be displayed.

Given those requirements, any mockups?  :-)

--Jeff