bittorrent support

Soren Harward stharward at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 19:36:04 CEST 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 12:57 PM, Nanno Langstraat <langstr at gmail.com> wrote:
> On the order of 100 MiB directly attributable to Amarok. Not something
> that I'll storm the barricades for, but OTOH you might feel it's a
> little overweight when just playing some .mp3 files in the background.

Agreed.  The backend restructuring that moved a lot of functionality
into the "core" library may make it possible to unload the GUI from
memory when it's not in use.  Dynamic loading of plugins would
probably help a bit, too.  But Amarok's always going to be on the
heavyweight end of music players because it does a lot more than "just
playing some .mp3 files in the background".

--
Soren Harward