dorpping files to playlist broken?

Mathias Panzenböck grosser.meister.morti at gmx.net
Fri Apr 23 14:02:41 CEST 2010

On 04/23/2010 12:36 PM, Nanno Langstraat wrote:
> Mathias Panzenböck wrote:
>> Dropping files from my KDE Desktop into amaroks playlist seems to be broken. When I try to drop a
>> file amarok suddenly thinks I started dragging a file of the playlist and changes the mouse pointer
>> accordingly, even though the mouse button isn't pressed anymore. I have to press the mouse button
>> again to get rid of it, which also causes the playlist item amarok thinks I started to drag to be
>> moved to the position of the click.
>>

> Possible culprit to investigate: 1 or 2 months ago I removed all the
> MIME forwarding overrides in the stack of proxy models, because
> QSortFilterProxyModel already does that. (in theory)
>
> Dropping files from KDE into the playlist works fine when I try it. Can
> you give very detailed steps to reproduce?
>
> (incl. playlist sort settings, the file's location, what program you're
> dragging from, KDE version, Qt version, Amarok version, etc.)
>
>      Nanno

It seems only to happen after I pressed play. I dragged an mp3 file[1] from my KDE desktop into the
playlist (so drag source is a folderview which I use as my desktop). I have no playlist
sorting/filtering settings but I have 5788 songs in my playlist.

Version Information:
Fedora 12 x86_64 with KDE testing repos
Linux panzi 2.6.32.11-99.fc12.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Apr 5 19:59:38 UTC 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Qt: 4.6.2
KDE Development Platform: 4.4.2 (KDE 4.4.2)
Amarok: 2f151e47c7daecb77a3551c85358ad28c07c75e7 Fri Apr 23 08:30:11 2010 +0200

	-panzi

[1] http://chaosradio.ccc.de/media/tim/tlf/tlf009-allein-mit-hitler.mp3