[Amarok] Amarok 2.3.1 beta 1 tagged

Martin darklight.xdarklight at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 17 23:14:41 CEST 2010

Hi,

> I must admit I'm having the same problem here on Arch Linux. The
> QtScript bindings are installed, and they work fine. But Amarok's
> CMake check claims they are not present. So I simply removed the check
> locally (always returns true), and that works.
I also got that problem (with qtscriptgenerator 0.1.0 AND the one from the git
repository).

> Maybe our CMake check is buggy? I've looked at it briefly but could
> not really make sense of it.
indeed, it was a bug in the check.

The check simply ran some .cpp code which had a small bug in it:
the code was initializing a QCoreApplication (which has no UI support).
since QScriptEngine is smart it know "we have no UI support" and it refuses to
load qt.uitools

The solution was to replace the QCoreApplication by a QApplication.
(if anyone is interested: here's the patch:  [0] - but Mark will push the fix
soon)

Regards,
Martin

[0] http://pastebin.ca/1865414