Proposal: A series of time based releases for 2.2.x

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sun Sep 27 13:12:35 CEST 2009

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 1:01 PM, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
> Sounds good to me. But I am leaning towards 1,5 monthly releases to
> get in enough fixes to really make it worth updating.
> So we would have 2 weeks for string changes and small new features and
> 4 weeks fixing bugs.

Yeah, fine with me too. It's pretty much what I had proposed on IRC a
while ago: turning 2.2.x into a longer lasting series. So I'm all for
it. The exact length of the cycle is something we could still figure
out on the go, it's not so important to me currently.

I have one addition though: It would be nice to pick one codename for
the whole 2.2.x series, instead of using a new name for each sub
release. Just like we did with 1.3.x ("Airborne") and 1.4.x ("Fast
Forward").

PS:
Git probably makes this style of working easier than SVN. E.g. we are
now able to cherry-pick specific features from other branches, and do
other

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer