Post-2.2: Moving Rescan Collection back

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Thu Sep 24 01:48:02 CEST 2009

Ian Monroe wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
>> I generally agree. Though wasn't the reason for this being moved away
>> that people shouldn't need a full rescan anyway? What happened to
>> that?
>
> Well we got that nasty bug where some tables get wrecked by the edit
> track dialog.

Yeah, it's on my sorta-todo for 2.3. It's going to require a lot of
changes in SqlMeta and the SqlRegistry so I'm not looking forward to it.
And I don't believe it's the only bug left in the SQL collection...

But the point is -- they shouldn't need it, but they very frequently
do...so making it superhard to find isn't really a good idea.

--Jeff