Reminder: New splash screen for 2.2 :)

Téo Mrnjavac teo at getamarok.com
Thu Sep 17 15:55:09 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Leo Franchi <lfranchi at kde.org> wrote:
> On 16 Sep 2009, at 20:22, Seb Ruiz wrote:

>>> Lydia in particular, but also Teo and Artur - on the basis that the
>>> guitarist
>>> looks creepy because you can't see his face, only black nothingness
>>> (well, you
>>> can see a bit of his nose, but most of his face is obscured by
>>> hair, and most
>>> of that isn't defined).  With the hood, he does look a bit like
>>> Death...
>>
>> Well, I don't think any particular person's opinion should hold more
>> weight than others. Since #8 was the most popular by vote count,
>> perhaps we can edit the image to satisfy the others.
>

> I agree with seb. Someone not liking the picture doesn't automatically
> disqualify it imho. #8 still won the vote count by a handy margin.
> (note that I didn't vote).

It seems that many of us have strong feelings for and against some of
the proposed splash screens, and it seems that it could be hard to
find something that would be fine for everyone.
Actually, I think we have been approaching this issue the wrong way: I
believe we are *not* looking for a cool image that looks cool to us,
we are looking for an image that fits in with out brand.
We are promoting a product here, that already has a brand and a public
image. I don't see how does a darth-vader-meets-4chan-anonymous fit
into Amarok's brand, no matter how cool he looks (and I think he does
btw).
It's not about creepy or not, it's about our branding. So if we can't
find an image that fits our concept of the Amarok brand among the ones
proposed earlier, I think we could just put a nice blue/grey/whatever
gradient and an Amarok logo on top of it.
Cheers
Téo