Main toolbar for 2.2

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Mon Sep 14 12:35:17 CEST 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 11:16, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 11:04 AM, Nikolaj Hald Nielsen
> <nhnfreespirit at gmail.com> wrote:
>> For now it is option 5 (have both), both using the original slider
>> style, and the original toolbar used by default. So the new toolbar is
>> there but not shown by default. That was the best compromise to make
>> everyone happy as far as I could gather from these mails and irc.
>
> Yeah, this is a compromise I'd support, if the original toolbar stays default.
>
> One thing we should fix is this bug that you can enable both at the
> same time (looks really weird). I'll try to fix it before release.

I wouldn't bother. It's just as easy to disable NG as it is to enable
it. And all you are doing is adding code that can break.
There is only one real use case for having 2 toolbars I can think of:
while developing a toolbar :). Perhaps some people want 2 toolbars
though: big one one the top, little one at the bottom :D

Bart