[patch] Add PlayPause() to DBus interface

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Sun Sep 6 07:54:13 CEST 2009

2009/9/5 Michael Zanetti <michael_zanetti at gmx.net>:
> Hi,
>
> Attached is a very small patch that adds the DBus function PlayPause(). This
> makes it possible to use amarok with IR remote controls that have only a
> playPause button and no Pause or Stop buttons.
>
> I would love to see this in amarok. What do you think?

I think this is definitely a valid addition to the DBus api.

However, I'm going to put a big BUT here. There are two things that
I'd like you to do before we can accept this patch:

1. Conform to Amarok's hacking guideline. You can read about it here:
http://bit.ly/13o06r
2. Grab an account at gitorious.org, clone the Amarok repository,
apply your patch and then issue a merge request. This will allow us to
use git to handle the commit review and you'll also be listed as the
author of the patch!

Okay, I know that Number 2 could be considered overkill for this
rather small patch, however we are trying to encourage patch
contributors to use gitorious, as this significantly lowers barriers
for future patches. It also is much easier for Amarok developers to
keep track of patches and means that hopefully we won't lose patches
in mailing list noise.

Best regards,
Seb

--