Windows.... (again)

Casper van Donderen casper.vandonderen at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 10:31:34 CEST 2009

In-line comments..

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 8:52 AM, Maximilian
Kossick<maximilian.kossick at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> What seems to happen is that once every 2 start-ups a full scan of the
>> collection is done (only <Useraccount>/Music> works, see 2)). When
>> this full scan is done it becomes impossible to unfold the collection
>> in the Browsers widget. Therefore you cannot add music to the
>> playlist.
>
> Do the contents of the database look ok when this happens? you can
> dump the database in the script console using the
> dumpDatabaseContent() method on the Collectio object.

Does the Script console happen to depend on konsolepart or something,
we don't have that on Windows. where can I call this method in code
that it should have the same result as doingit in the script console?

Adding multiple collection folders was fixed with another
toLocalFile() thing, but the result is as following:
http://imagebin.ca/view/uG_AFDK.html

Mark what is unfolded and the image for the track, also the artist is
not correct.

>> The 'edit track details'-dialog in this case also stays completely
>> empty. a problem there (maybe unrelated) is that in every case, both
>> when the collection is working and not working location on the bottom
>> of taht dialog has the '/' prefixed (/C:/). in the dump of the
>> database it has the correct file name, I fixed that some time ago:
>> INSERT INTO `urls` VALUES (1,-1,'C:/Users/Casper/Music/Krezip/Best of
>> Krezip/01-krezip-plug_it_in_and_turn_me_on.mp3',4,'amarok-sqltrackuid://c618623fa92e32d867a4e74ae66c72f1'),
>>
>> I tried to fix this in Meta.cpp but does not work.
>
> This probably has to be fixed in SqlTrack (SqlTrack::prettyUrl() iirc).

The code here I do not really understand, the only thing that should
go wrong here now is that the tracks are not removed from the
collection.. If someone with knowledge of this code could please fix
this?

>> 2) The folders in the collection dialog are added to the scan folders
>> but are not scanned and after restart the checkboxes are all empty.
>
> Are they added as collectionfolders to amarokrc? Additionally, there
> is no special handling of windows paths anywhere in that code
> (MountPointManager::setCollectionFolders/collectionFolders or
> CollectionSetup

This now works, except for the comment at 1.