QtMultimedia

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sat Sep 5 09:32:36 CEST 2009

On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 12:15 AM, Lydia Pintscher<lydia at kde.org> wrote:
> Heya folks :)
>
> I was asked to get feedback for a what-of situation from the Amarok team.
> Imagine Phonon doesn't exist. What would we need from QtMultimedia?
> Amarok has a playlist, this new API has one too; are they compatible?
> Such stuff.

Hmm, I don't see how the playlist is related to it all. But Amarok
wouldn't need a new one. It could be potentially interesting to simple
applications that want to get started quickly. [1]

Anyway, If Phonon didn't exist, I'd like to have a system with an API
like Phonon (ideally the same), but with reliable backends.

[1]: "Create a simple media player application" also seems to be the
goal of QtMultimedia, quoting the article.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer