Kubuntu Karmic

Orville Bennett illogical1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 23:59:50 CEST 2009

Martin Sandsmark wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 07:59:39AM -0400, Orville Bennett wrote:
>> As long as kubuntu folks actually test their defaults they should be
>> fine. And if you're a KDE distro, I would imagine such tests would
>> include Amarok, KDE's main audio player.
>
> I think the issue is PulseAudio with certain audio drivers, PA assumes a lot
> of competence from the audio driver authors :-P
Valid point. With all the packaging information they collect (from those
who opt in) they should be able to get a good feel of what hardware the
testers have.
Requesting something like
- "Test playback in application X"
- "Test playback in application X while watching youtube"
- "Test playback in application X while watching movie in application Y"
should be feasible.
Come to think of it, we could do the same. Just put configurations on a
wiki page and ask peeps to test.