Kubuntu Karmic

Martin Sandsmark sandsmark at samfundet.no
Wed Sep 2 23:51:31 CEST 2009

On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 07:59:39AM -0400, Orville Bennett wrote:
> As long as kubuntu folks actually test their defaults they should be
> fine. And if you're a KDE distro, I would imagine such tests would
> include Amarok, KDE's main audio player.

I think the issue is PulseAudio with certain audio drivers, PA assumes a lot
of competence from the audio driver authors :-P

Also, do you have hardware mixing on your sound card?

But yeah, as long as they use Phonon-Xine I think PA should be a minor
nuisance.

--
Martin Sandsmark
IT-Komiteen, Samfundet