I need *your* benchmarking help!

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Sun Oct 25 02:43:12 CEST 2009

On Friday 23 October 2009 03:37:57 Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> If you'd like to help out -- and please, do help out -- you'll need a a
> large enough collection that a normal full scan takes a noticeable
> amount of time, and you'll need to be running Amarok built from Git.

Well, my results are that the part of the scan where the progress bar is
moving takes about the same amount of time (20s) for each version.

However, in master there is an extra 20s wait where the progress bar appears
sitting at some value like 100% or 98% (or 14% in the case where I cancelled a
job at about that point immediately before the scan).  This wait does not
happen in your branch, but that might have something to do with the fact that
the local collection claims to have 0 tracks (both before and after scanning)
in that branch.

Alex

--
Why have I got six monitors?  Because I haven't got room for eight.
  -- Terry Pratchett