RFC: Only place one "add tab" item in the Context View toolbar

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Tue Oct 20 21:55:08 CEST 2009

Hi folks

Attached you'll find a mockup I've just made to show what the Amarok applet
pane would look like with standard KDE tabs (don't get confused with the
layout, I was so happy when in 2.2 I could finally move the context pane to
the right that I even forgot this wasn't the defualt layout when I made the
screenshot ;) )
How adding and removing tabs should be done is still open for discussion, of
course, but I think having it like other tab-enabled KDE apps would
a) Increase consistency (although tabs here are used in a slightly different
way)
b) Would allow us to add and remove applets any time (no config mode) without
having too many icons on the screen.
The icons are only placeholders in case there will be icons for applets one
day, if not they would be removed.

Any detail could of course be changed. What I wanted to show is that imho the
tabs look better (especially with a dark color scheme where the current blue
applet bar looks really ugly), are more consistent with other apps and save
time when adding/removing applets.

So what do you think?

Regards,
Thomas