About Amarok's interface design (follow up)

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sat Oct 17 19:50:19 CEST 2009

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 5:31 PM, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 5:27 PM, Nikolaj Hald Nielsen
> <nhnfreespirit at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have to admit that I am sort of warming up to this idea. We tried
>> the other way around, but never managed to make it look as awesome as
>> I originally imagined.
>>
>> I does make some other things need adjustments as well though, like
>> the toolbar below the playlist which looks odd in your screenshot.
>
> I'm not really convinced yet. On the screenshot it doesn't look very nice, IMHO.
>
> However, Kevin could simply commit it, and then we could test it a
> bit, and then decide. How about that?

Well. Not so well :)

Just pulled from Git. Now we've exchanged a "Sea Of Gray" with a
"Blinding Sea Of White". It's different, but not exactly better, I
would say.

Just for comparison, I was lucky enough to dig up a very old
screenshot from Amarok 2.0-Alpha. We had a pretty cool theme there,
something very different: glossy and artsy (if a bit extreme at that).
I'm not saying that we should go for such an extreme look, but it
shows what is possible with our SVG engine. Check it out:

http://amarok.kde.org/blog/uploads/Amarok2screen-newlook-2.png

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer