[Amarok] Merge Notifications setting dialog into Amarok set

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Thu Oct 15 00:06:38 CEST 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 11:37 PM, Kevin Funk <krf at gmx.de> wrote:
> Wednesday 14 October 2009, Kevin Funk:
>> commit 77e9d8971478866c62e7034817b1c3a8a26e6882
>> Author:     Kevin Funk <krf at electrostorm.net>
>> AuthorDate: Wed Oct 14 23:03:27 2009 +0200
>> Commit:     Kevin Funk <krf at electrostorm.net>
>> CommitDate: Wed Oct 14 23:04:59 2009 +0200
>>
>>     Merge Notifications setting dialog into Amarok settings.
>>     KNotify can be enabled/disabled (default) in OSD settings.
>
> What are you opinions on switching from OSD to knotify as default notifier?
> I think it'd be great to have KDE's backend as Amarok's notifier. It's much
> more consistent with the rest of the desktop.
> Right now OSD is (still) default.

I would prefer to keep our OSD the default. It looks nice, and it fits
the task well.

Last not least: A media player is a bit special, in that most people
expect it to look more shiny than normal applications, say, more than
a word processor. I'm all for integration (we do offer this now), but
we must keep in mind that we're not  KOffice.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer