[Amarok] Set Last.fm's avatar size in its TreeModel and use

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Tue Oct 13 22:11:45 CEST 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 6:05 PM, Rick W. Chen <stuffcorpse at archlinux.us> wrote:
> Tue, 13 Oct, 2009 at 11:23:30 AM -0400, Leo Franchi:
>> On Tuesday 13 October 2009 03:27:04 Rick W. Chen wrote:
>> > commit 44fcac964028a2c1219bb7b33c2d1ac467bf8167
>> > Author:     Rick W. Chen <stuffcorpse at archlinux.us>
>> > AuthorDate: Thu Oct 8 21:24:18 2009 +1300
>> > Commit:     Rick W. Chen <stuffcorpse at archlinux.us>
>> > CommitDate: Tue Oct 13 19:57:02 2009 +1300
>> >
>> >     Set Last.fm's avatar size in its TreeModel and use it elsewhere
>> >
>> >     This fixes Last.fm's avatar display size which was inconsistent
>> >     and caused cropping.
>> >

>> This doesn't seem to work here. It just makes the avatar really tiny, e.g.
>> very difficult to actually see.
>>
>> http://imagebin.ca/view/7dN0xr.html
>
> I think the problem here is caused by the size the avatar used to be
> stored / displayed at. Previously, the avatar is first fetched from
> last.fm and scaled to 48x48. Then when it is displayed the size is set
> to 32x32, _without_ being scaled first.
>
> The result is an apparently bigger image with cropping. With your
> avatar there are some black space on either side so I suspect the
> square cropping didn't cause anything to look suspicious.
>
> The aim of the patch was to fix the cropping; I chose 32x32 for
> everything because it was what it used to display at. Perhaps we could
> increase the size?

Rick, considering how many (mostly very fine) patches you have sent us
today, we're pondering to give you direct access to the kde-developers
group, which would allow you to push commits to Amarok without
creating merge requests.

However, with great power comes great responsibility. If you plan to
make a huge change, I would like to ask you to talk to the other
developers first, e.g. on IRC, or on the devel mailing list. All in
all it would be easier for us (and you) to give you access, if you
adhere to our rules.

Would you like that? :)

--
Mark Kretschmann