Git weirdness

Magnus Bergmark magnus.bergmark at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 23:18:32 CEST 2009

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 11:04 PM, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org>wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 10:16 PM,  <magnus.bergmark at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Make sure you haven't staged anything. Does git status really say "clean"
> > before doing the rebase?
>
> Well, of course. I'm not that inexperienced with git :)

Not trying to offend you. Just making sure. I can't tell how often I ended
up with problems like this and forgot to check the most obvious things. :-)

Well, it does sound like some form of corruption. Doing a new clone might be
the easiest way to fix it, even though there probably is some other solution
to it (for example, removing the file and then doing a hard reset, etc.).

> PS: Please don't top-post.

Yeah. Sorry. Forgot you guys don't like that. Different people, different
style rules. :-P

--
Magnus Bergmark - magnus DOT bergmark AT gmail DOT com
GPG/PGP: 0x7BE84794DB6AA648