Amarok UI analysis, proposal - link inside

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Wed Oct 7 09:06:28 CEST 2009

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 01:28, Thomas Lübking <thomas.luebking at web.de> wrote:
> http://cloudcity.sourceforge.net/amarok/
>
> This is my personal view on what's not so good about the Amarok UI (the main
> toolbar in particular) and what could be done im my opinion to improve this.
>
> It is explicitly meant as base for further discussion and not some "I want it
> exactly this way" rant.
>
> I tried to explain my objections, if however anything remains unclear (English
> is not my first language) feel free to ask for clarification (and please report
> typos, spelling, grammar and verb errors ;-)
>
> This document is work in progress - hopefully...
>
> Regards,
> Thomas

You're trying to adapt the desktop UI layout to small screens for
mobile devices. But the consensus is those require a new, completely
different UI with a different paradigm.

Perhaps you should just focus on the desktop version, including
netbook. Those screens are all widescreen/horizontal.
Limiting the scope will certainly help both you and us in making your
ideas and talent useful to us. I'm sure quite a few people didn't read
your linked page because it's to long, even with the pretty sketches.

Bart