Tooltips

Thomas Pf. colomar at autistici.org
Sun Oct 4 02:45:59 CEST 2009

Hi all,
after playing around with 2.2 a bit (I must admit I'm currently only using
final versions) and really loving the new features and changes, I noticed that
there are still some buttons/icons in need of tooltips (imo):
- The reload icon in applets (the icon is quite self-explanatory, but not
100%, plus it might do slightly different things in different applets)
- The edit icon in the lyrics applet (again the icon is well chosen, but since
users probably won't expect an edit functionality in this place, it should
still contain a tooltip)
- The home icon in the browser breadcrumb. since usually that icon means "home
folder" which is not the case here.

I know tooltips seem like a hassle to many developers, but especially new
users may feel a lot less intimidated by an unknown interface if they don't
have to click things to find out exactly what they do.
Regards,
Thomas