Appending tracks to the playlist by drag & drop

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Mon Nov 30 21:51:50 CET 2009

Hi all,
I don't know if I'm the first one pointing to it, but it is currently rather
difficult to append tracks to the playlist by dropping them below the last
track of a long playlist. When dropping them on the last track, they sometimes
get placed before it and sometimes after it. It seems like it only gets placed
at the end if it's dropped on the bottom few pixels.

I don't know if I'm the only one trying this, but for users who are used to
adding tracks by dragging directly to the playlist rather than dragging over
the "append to playlist" option on the CV, this is rather annoying.

To solve this problem, I'd suggest to open some free space below the last
track when something is moved to the bottom of the list so that it can be
dropped there. This would make it a lot easier to hit the right spot for
adding below the last track instead of above.

What do you think?

Thomas