[Amarok] Move Playlist Layout config from toolbar to main m

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 13:51:02 CET 2009

Ok, here is my take on this.

It seems that everyone on the team has really strong, and very
different, opinions on which stuff is useful to have in the playlist
toolbar and which is fine sitting in the menu. I don't think it is
unfair to expect that if we are so divided on this issue then so is
our user base. And yes, perhaps an option is something you add when
you cannot agree on one way that will work for all, but I think we
have proven to ourselves that there simply is no one way that will
make all of us happy.

Hence I think the thing to do in this case to finally bury this issue
once and for all, wooden stake through the heart and all, is to make
this damn toolbar configurable. Lets use a Dolphin approach with just
the very basic stuff in there by default, have everything present in
the playlist menu, and then provide a Dolphin like interface for
adding/removing/moving stuff in the toolbar. I even seem to remember
Teo and Seb agreeing on this as an acceptable solution last time this
issue was raised.

I am fine with the layout stuff not being there by default as it is
not something I expect new users to care a great deal about, but for
those that use it, having it easily available in the toolbar is quite
important in my opinion.

Personally I could not care less about undo/redo and show current
track being in the toolbar as I never use these :-)

- Nikolaj