This morning...

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Thu Nov 19 08:41:29 CET 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 6:43 AM, Ian Monroe <ian.monroe at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 10:59 PM, Jeff Mitchell <mitchell at kde.org> wrote:
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> Sorry for the rather unprofessional email this morning. The guy is a
>> total dipshit, but the longer-term of you that have known me for five
>> years know that I'm not generally the kind of guy to say things like
>> that in public -- or even in private -- to our users.
>>
>> It wasn't an emotional response, despite what S G inferred; rather it
>> was simply a "man, I'm tired of users shitting all over us for our
>> unpaid work" kind of defeated/annoyed email.
>>
>> I guess I need this vacation I'm on.  I should be in a better mindset
>> when I get back.  :-)
>
> I felt it was entirely called for. ;)

I think it was OK. I mean, you can only take so much shit from these
idiots. At some point you just can't take any more of that, totally
understandable.

Have  a nice honeymoon :)

PS: Really good article on this topic:
http://mikethecoder.com/2009/11/16/the-number-one-rule-of-open-source

"Open Source Douche Bag (OSDB) n. One who criticizes open source
software without offering ways for it to improve. An OSDB may post a
whining tweet, or a passive aggressive blog post, or he/she may just
grumble to themselves. However, these grumblings never manifest
themselves as constructive criticisms or suggestions."

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer