SHOUTcast

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Wed Nov 18 15:36:12 CET 2009

On Nov 18, 2009, at 9:16 AM, Faisal Sultan
<faisal.sultan at corp.aol.com> wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> Lets "reboot" this conversation and start at the top.  Im the
> Product Manager for SHOUTcast, nice to meet you.
>
> Im not really sure what the VLC situation is so I can not comment on
> it.  But please feel free to reach out to me regarding any questions
> you might have regarding SC APIs etc as it pertains to Amarok (yes I
> do know what it is) ... Im not some “random dude” here as Ive
> been involved with SC & Winamp ever since the NULLSOFT days way back
>  a few centuries ago, so I know where you guys are coming from... :-)

Hi Faisal,

Sorry, I didn't mean "random dude" in a denigrating way...we just
didn't know you.  :-)

I'm leaving to go on my honeymoon for two weeks so I'll generally be
out of touch...but do talk to Leo (cc me so when I get back I can
catch up), or we can follow up when I get back if Leo's busy with
school.

Let's please leave the S C guy out of it. His 30 years in IT didn't
teach him manners, or that you don't have a right to *demand* anything
from unpaid FOSS developers, who tend to respond better to honey than
vinegar. This guy is poison.

We're very interested in resolving this with you, I guarantee -- we
devs don't like being without ShoutCast either :-)

Thanks!
Jeff