Update Collection not working

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sat Nov 7 16:22:23 CET 2009

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 2:09 PM, Kolja Dummann <k.dummann at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm experiencing some problems with "Update Collection". At first "watch
> folders for changes" is not working but I think its related to problem
> 2. Second the "Update collection" is not working. The progressbar
> appears but it runs in ~1 sec. to 100% and does not find any new songs
> in the directories of collection. Only a full rescan of the collection
> gets these tracks into the collection.
> I'm using a git build from yesterday but the problem is there for about
> an week. Don't know if these is the real date but it was the first time
> i noticed it.
>
> What I have tried to solve the problem is:
>
> -delete "mysqle" folder
> -reconfigure the hole collection in settings dialog

Incidentally, I have "updated" my collection twice today, after
obtaining some new music. The update scan worked very quickly, and
without any problems at all. So, I guess our experiences are
anecdotal. Mine doesn't prove that everything is correct, but it
worked great in my case :)

PS:
I did not use "Watch Folders For Changes", but instead I clicked
"Update Collection" manually.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer