Amarok 2.2.1 tagging

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Fri Nov 6 11:30:17 CET 2009

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 11:20, Jakob Kummerow
<jakob.kummerow at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Although I'm all for making XSPF the default, we really need to be able
>> to export to M3U and PLS, in large part because those are basically the
>> only formats recognized by many media devices (and many other players, too).
>
> If you use Playlist -> Export Playlist As..., you can choose save
> location and file format and everything works as expected (I didn't
> change anything about that).
> If you use the save button at the bottom of the playlist and choose
> "Save playlist to Playlist Files on Disk" there, then the playlist
> will be saved to ~/.kde[4]/share/apps/amarok/playlists/ (again, I
> didn't change this) and its format will always be XSPF (consequence of
> my fixing approach). If after saving you rename it to
> "myplaylist.m3u", the filename will be "myplaylist.m3u.xspf" :-)

Well actually  "Save playlist to Playlist Files on Disk" always used
XSPF, if it didn't work anymore that was the regression. I however
doubt that it was broken since your changes to
PlaylistFileProvider::save( Meta::TrackList ) would not fix that.

Only with export playlist can the user decide which filetype is being
used. This is where the type detection in PlaylistFileSupport comes
in.

Have you tested if changes to saved XSPF playlists (let's say adding a
track) are really written to disk? I think they are only cached ATM.

Bart