Amarok 2.2.1 tagging

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Tue Nov 3 11:42:19 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 11:30 AM, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
> just a quick reminder that tagging of 2.2.1 is less than a week away
> (next Monday if there are no major problems). Let me know of any major
> problems I should be aware of asap.
> I will start a doc for the release announcement in a sec and add it to
> the Amarok folder. Please help with writing the announcement :)

Some of us have recently discussed on IRC (not the best place for
making discussions public) if we might have to delay the release by
about one week. This is mostly because of concerns whether we will
have enough time to test major new features like the Script Updater
and the new Collection Scanner code. We can't really afford making any
mistakes with those.

I'm not directly advocating a delay, but I think that we should get
used to the idea, in case something goes wrong. It wouldn't mean the
end of the world, IMHO.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer