extragear/multimedia/amarok/src/context [POSSIBLY UNSAFE]

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Thu May 7 04:07:09 CEST 2009

Dan Meltzer wrote:

> I don't understand why you moved it.  If it's been in playground for
> six months, it can remain in playground until after we release 2.1, so
> it can get sufficient testing before being unleashed on the masses.

It's not being unleashed on the masses.  The only people who will even
see it are Gentoo users, and they're not going to have it compiled.  I
moved it so that I could more easily get help figuring out why there is
a strange problem with it, as it's a PITA to build from within playground.

> Thats a silly arguement.  Lots and lots of people want lyrics support,
> and wikipedia support.  How many people actually know what a songkick
> is?  How many people would be interested in it once they learned what

It's not that hard to figure out since it shows up as "Concerts" in the
applet browser.  I think lots of people will be interested in finding
out when the bands they are listening to are playing in their area.

--Jeff