extragear/multimedia/amarok/src/browsers/collectionbrowser

Dan Meltzer parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 21:59:44 CET 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 11:51 AM, Bart Cerneels <bart.cerneels at kde.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 9:32 PM, Dan Meltzer
> <parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 1:27 PM, Bart Cerneels <bart.cerneels at kde.org> wrote:
>>> Now Leinir, you as usability person should know that draging is a
>>> harder gesture then double-clicking. So less people will be able to
>>> perform it succsesfully.
>>>
>>> So I strongly prefer to keep the double click behavior. Expanding
>>> should use the even easier single-click.
>>
>> This would make selecting multiple items a large pain in the ass.
>>>
> Do you want to select the complete collection at once? You can still
> drag it for any action supported.

1) We want to keep behavior the same for all level nodes, things
shouldn't happen one way for collections and another for
artists/albums/etc.

2) I want to be able to select multiple entities, collections or
otherwise, to be able to use context menu actions on multiple things
at once.  I do not think it would be unusual to want to sync music
from multiple media devices to a local collection, or the other way
around, among other context options.

Dan,